Starr and Jessi Chaney of PsyTech, stars of “Haunted Kentucky”, are proud to announce the 2007 session of ParAcademy, a very special weekend at General Butler State Park in Carrollton, Kentucky for those wishing to become certified as ghost hunters. The weekend retreat takes place September 28th and 29th.
This will be no ordinary ghost hunting class. It will be a non-stop adventure into the paranormal and a spectacular weekend for ghost enthusiasts.
The retreat includes all of the following:
- Complete Ghost Hunter Certification
- 2 nights stay at the Lodge at General Butler State Park
- Private ghost hunts Friday and Saturday at the historic and very haunted Butler-Turpin House and Butler family cemetery
- Saturday evening dinner and Sunday brunch
- Demonstrations on the use of Dowsing for ghost hunting, including dowsing exercises (we will have rods and pendulums for sale throughout the weekend)
- EVP techniques and processing information
- Mini-classes on paranormal topics such as “Extra Sensory Perception & Ghost Hunting” and “Meditation and Psychic Self Defense”
- A past-life memory recall session on Friday evening
About General Butler State Park
Named for General William Orlando Butler, the family’s military fame spanned from Colonial times through the American Revolution, the War of 1812, the Mexican War and the Civil War… General Butler even served under George Washington during the Revolutionary War.
The Butler-Turpin House is also one of the most haunted historical landmarks in Kentucky, and these programs are a fundraising effort on behalf of General Butler State Park with 50% of the proceeds going directly to the park. Visit their Web site at http://parks.ky.gov/findparks/resortparks/gb/history/ for more history, or http://parks.ky.gov/findparks/resortparks/gb/maps/ for directions.
The cost if $249 per person. This is a great deal considering certification alone runs $150, so for an extra $99 you get two nights lodging, two meals, two ghost hunts, and lots of other extras.
Pre-registration is required – Deadline is September 12th
You can register and pay online at: http://www.kyghosthunters.com/gb-retreat.html