Ghosts, Haunting, and Legends
Home Archives Lighting Candles

0.00 avg. rating (0% score) - 0 votes

Witness: Megan
Location: Rochester, Minnesota
Date of Encounter: November 19, 2008

This morning I woke up and went about my normal everyday business. I was getting ready for work up in my room. My husband had gone to work at about 7:00 in the morning. I woke up at 9:00 in the morning and then fell back asleep. I live in a split level house; our rooms are upstairs, and the kitchen, living, and dining room is downstairs. Anyway, I continued getting ready for work and went downstairs to get my lunch and make sure all the lights were off. I went into the kitchen to find that the kitchen candle was lit. This was strange because my husband and I always make sure the candles are blown out before we go to bed. At first I thought, Well that is weird, we must have missed one. I then went to go and blow it out. I noticed the wax, though. That is when I really started thinking… If a Glade candle was to burn all night there would be a lot of wax that was melted. The candle's burn time is only 8-10 hours. When I went to blow it out there was no melted wax, which meant that the candle was just lit. This however was impossible because I was the only one home.

Ever since we moved into our home, I have felt the presence of a spirit of some sort. At first I was thinking I was just paranoid, but there has been some very strange things that have been happening to me over the last year and a half. Another instance of a strange encounter is still continuing, it depends on the day or something. My razors from the bathroom get moved from the shower to the bathroom sink. Of course I thought this was my husband playing a prank on me, but it started happening when he wasn't home. Another thing that we notice is that we often hear the TV, or the radio, or some sort of voices when we are in bed. This sounds like the TV downstairs may have gotten turned on, but every time we go down there it is off.

I bought my husband a Spirit Chime for his birthday because we believe heavily in Native American beliefs. This was very interesting because we hung it up in our bedroom. He has heard it chime one time, and I have heard it chime one time since we got it. It has been in our bedroom for about a year now. There hasn't been any more encounters in that part of the house. I wish I knew what I could do to actually see the ghost or spirit that is there. I want to know what has happened, and why they are still here and won't cross over.

Those are my weird encounters so far. Hopefully nothing creepy happens and no more candles will be lit while unsupervised. I don't want my house to burn down.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.