Casting Call: The After-School Paranormal Club
From the Producers:
Thank you for your interest in The After-School Paranormal Club. If your son/daughter, yourself, a classmate or if you have friends with similar interests in the paranormal or UFO’s, technology, etc I strongly encourage them to submit as well. Ideally, the producers are looking to cast a group of friends or club for the show.
The following are the home video instructions so you can submit:
Currently we are requesting DVDs (home made videos) of individuals who would like to be considered for the project. If you know of anyone who would like to potentially be involved, we would love a short, simple video of him/her introducing themselves to camera, sharing a little of their personality, understanding or interest in mysteries and/or the paranormal and perhaps 1-2 minutes where (s)he explores something around the house (just so we get a feel for him/her with movement, explanation, etc.).
Attached, please find a letter briefly describing the show concept.
Here are the instructions:
HOME VIDEO INSTRUCTIONS & QUESTIONS
1. BE CREATIVE! The most important part of your home video is for us to see your PERSONALITIES!
2. Make sure wherever you are, it is WELL LIT & THE SOUND IS ON! Shoot a test run: film someone for a few seconds & then rewind it & watch it to make sure you can see it & hear it. Do NOT have any background music playing.
3. We need to see your faces! So PLEASE… GET CLOSE UP SO WE CAN SEE YOU!! We do NOT care about the background and environment you are in. This tape is all about YOU!
4. Dress casual or whatever you feel most comfortable in.
5. Mini-DV tape and DVD (not the miniature DVDs) are the only formats we can accept. We CANNOT accept VHS, Hi-8 tape or Digital 8 tape.
6. Start your tape by introducing yourselves to us. Be sure to tell us your full name, age, and city you currently live in.
7. Tell us DETAILS about your interest & involvement with all things paranormal! These details should include:
- How did you become interested in the paranormal? Be specific!
- What was your first experience with the paranormal?
- Do you believe in ghosts? Have you ever had an encounter with a ghost, poltergeist or other-worldly beings?
- Do you think that your house is haunted? Do you live near any houses that you know to be haunted?
- Do you seek out the paranormal or do they seek you out?
- Do you believe that you are clairvoyant?
- Are you frightened by the paranormal? Or do you feel a kinship with those trying to communicate from the other side?
- Do any of your friends or family members share the same ideas about the paranormal as you do?
- Do you know if any of your friends or family members have ever had an experience with ghosts, poltergeists or other-worldly beings?
- Have you ever conducted or been part of a séance?
- What specific knowledge do you have about paranormal phenomenon? Give us examples by telling us at least one story: about a haunted house, the Bermuda Triangle, the Vanishing Hitchhiker, etc.
- Take us on a short “ghost tour” around your house, backyard or any other location. You should pretend you are an actual tour guide/Host.
8. What other interests & hobbies do you have besides the paranormal?
9. Do you plan on going to college? What do you want to be when you “grow up?”
10. Tell us what 3 words your friends would use to describe you and why.
11. Tell us what 3 words your mother would use to describe you and why.
Mail your home video and a photo of yourself to us ASAP!
Bizzy Blondes Entertainment
3489 Cahuenga Blvd. West
Los Angeles, CA 90068
ATTN: PARANORMAL CASTING
*PLEASE OVERNIGHT AS TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE
You can also call me anytime at the office: 323.463.3340 or on my mobile: 310.721.7175 with any further questions or comments.
Kati Herrera, Casting Associate